Thursday, October 31, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery Bank Charging

 

Seems like most use bulk chargers when underway & need to use a generator to extend range. I had suspected my Dual Pro charging each battery in the string independently wasn't up to the task, Pat kind of confirmed this. 

Thinking about it, makes sense to me. Only way I can verify it is to try it. That'll have to wait till next season:(


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:26 PM, oak oak_box@yahoo.com [electricboats]
<electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Just curious - what was the answer that you got (and verified?)?   Was it that the charger didn't like the batteries being under load while charging?

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 02:00:19 AM CDT, bob jennings sabre281@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I got my answer thanks to Capt. Mike & Tom Hurby from a post on the electric seas site. So never mind lol


On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 2:12 PM, bob jennings
<sabre281@yahoo.com> wrote:

When I motor with the generator on seems like I do not get alot out of my Dual Pro 4 charger that chargers each battery independently in order to extend range. So I was thinking of adding a 25 amp Quick Charger because it charges the whole string in series. 

For those that have motoring down pat, do you charge in series with your generator & how's that worked out for you far as extending range without depleting the  battery bank?

Thanks,

__._,_.___

Posted by: bob jennings <sabre281@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment