Thursday, July 24, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Timing Belt Drive Coupling

 

Timing belt might work well.

On the subject a Wikipedia article says _flat_ belt drives of 'modern
materials' can handle up to 100 HP and are about 99% efficient.

I wonder how wide they should be, and I keep looking for some sort of
belts that might work, but I've never found a source. The slightly
domed pulleys (with or without sides) could be made on a lathe (even
a wood lathe).

Craig

===================

>So in order to have both low friction and good torque transmission,
>I think my next iteration  will be to a single timing belt drive.
>Looking for suggestions on type and size of timing belt assuming I
>need to transmit at most 8 HP with about 1500 RPM at smaller pulley

__._,_.___

Posted by: Craig Carmichael <craig@saers.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Yahoo Groups
Did you Know?
Dealing with inactive moderators or owners


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment