Thursday, July 10, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: phasing into electric drive

 

Kevin,

Really good information. You got me thinking. When you say MOSFETs are inexpensive, I took a look on Ebay an was able to buy STP75NF75 MOSFETS rated at 75 Volts and 80 Amps for less than one dollar each. So if I put say 5 of these on a large heat sink and parallel them it seems I could control 75 Volts and 400 Amps. Rather than opening  and adding to an existing PWM controller, which could be messy and difficult. couldn't I just purchase an inexpensive low power PWM DC motor controller- say 20 volts and 10 amps- and use that to drive the gates of the STP75NF75 MOSFETs. 
Thanks for the information.
Art

__._,_.___

Posted by: jortlif@msn.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment