Sunday, July 6, 2014

RE: [Electric Boats] I am committed, now

 

I'm electrified to hear that. LOL



From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:29:48 -0700
Subject: [Electric Boats] I am committed, now

 
No, not to the nuthouse. To electrification. I just pulled the trigger on not one, but two ME0201014201 motors and I will order a Kelly controller kit tomorrow, after I get final confirmation from them that it will work just fine on the 4201 motor. The motor was so cheap I thought I should have a backup. I will be home in about 6 days and I can't wait to see my new toys! Then a quick speed run with the old Atomic before I pull it, to construct an rpm/speed table. I think I might have to cut an inch or so off the prop. Can't wait to get that old motor and fuel tank outta there! Hey, Atomic4 ex users, has anyone tried using the clutch from an old direct drive Atomic as the thrust bearing for an electric install? Just a crazy idea... I think I will be using the heavy duty thrust bearing from Glen-L. But hmmmm... At least initially, since John says a loaded 4201 motor in a 48v setup runs just fine at 2200rpm, I am going to try direct drive, with a thrust bearing and a flex coupling. Yeah that's a little fast, but I will probably never run wide open anyway, after initial sea trials. The more I think about it, the more I think it just might work. Anyway if I burn up the motor I have a spare, to use with a reduction gear as I originally planned. Ok wish me luck. Too late to talk me out of it!

__._,_.___

Posted by: Pamela Tilstra <pamlt@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment