Saturday, July 26, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: new member, bruce

 

Thanks Steve,  that was a very informative clip.  I finally found the relevant info about one hour forty into the clip.  My bandwidth was so slow on my iPad I'm going to try again on a "real" computer but I got the gist of it.  He's using a Seadoo pump and a DC motor and a belt drive.
I liked the Harley transfer case....very elegant solution for a 2:1 increase in pump RPM.
My experiment as I said in my original post will be Yamaha pump to 3 HP 220 single phase and chain drive.  I'm starting with the chain only because I already had the sprockets and only
Need some chain.  To start with, I'm not even going to try and control the RPM, although I have an idea that speed could be varied somewhat by lowering the reverse bucket partway...but .that remains to be seen.
I think my biggest concern right now is the cables that control steering and reverse.  Replacement cables need to be much longer to get to my helm.  Also it appears that these cables
Must transit the hull below the waterline. I'm not sure how that is done.

Its a long piece of video to get to it but this shows a project using a belt drive and a jet drive:



Steve

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bruce Wilder <brucewild@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
photo.JPG

Yahoo Groups
Instantly Preview Links Before your Click in Groups
Links in Group messages now display a preview image and snippet from the web page


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment