Friday, May 20, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Efficiency of Torqeedo motors at low power levels

 

Oh, I'm sure they are including the prop - I should have said "overall efficiency of their outboards", not just the motor.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Twete" <matwete@...> wrote:
>
> Torqeedo is probably including prop efficiency in their claim.
>
>
>
> From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of F Neil Simms
> Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 7:00 AM
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Electric Boats] Efficiency of Torqeedo motors at low power levels
>
>
>
>
>
> Torqeedo claims about 50% overall efficiency for their motors.
>
> Can I assume this is at or near full power level? Is their efficiency lower
> at low power levels?
>
> When I get my slim boat done I'll be testing it at first with my 801 Base,
> with the standard prop, and also with a 16x16 airplane prop. I've calculated
> what performance I should get at low power levels (50 to 100 watts) assuming
> the 50% efficiency touted, but I suspect it will turn out to be much lower
> than that.
>
> Just wondering if anyone has ever tested this (low power efficiency) with a
> Torqeedo and a fast light hull capable of moving at a good clip at low power
> levels.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment