Friday, May 20, 2011

[Electric Boats] Efficiency of Torqeedo motors at low power levels

 

Torqeedo claims about 50% overall efficiency for their motors.

Can I assume this is at or near full power level? Is their efficiency lower at low power levels?

When I get my slim boat done I'll be testing it at first with my 801 Base, with the standard prop, and also with a 16x16 airplane prop. I've calculated what performance I should get at low power levels (50 to 100 watts) assuming the 50% efficiency touted, but I suspect it will turn out to be much lower than that.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tested this (low power efficiency) with a Torqeedo and a fast light hull capable of moving at a good clip at low power levels.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment