Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[Electric Boats] affordable useful trolling motor

 

MANGO is a Bristol 19 and length is 19'6", beam 6'6", draft 2'9", wt 2724 pds. This is a displacement hull maintaining good coasting momentum once you get her going in the desired direction. There is an inboard engine well and I would like to put an affordable electric outboard in the well. Torqeedo and other 'traditional' electric outboards seem too expensive, too powerful and too luxurious for my needs. All I want to do is get off the mooring in a narrow creek, motor to the bay 10 minutes away and then hoist sail and be gone. I think I could use a husky trolling motor with electric cable to a lead acid motorcycle battery in the cabin six feet forward. Weekdays I would put a solar panel on the small cabin top to recharge the motorcycle battery, or take the battery ashore for charging. The trolling motor would be easy to remove and store in the small cabin.

I hereby respectfully solicit your thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you,
Steve

http://www.bristolowners.org/19/bristol19.html

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment