Friday, August 6, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: The Bigger Picture

 

Hei John

I see your point about going hybrid though I would not want to double the potential sources of problems/time consumers on my sailboat :-). I once read on a Swedish forum about someone who installed an electric system in addition to his diesel engine on a second shaft. He describes his setup on his English homepage:

http://magnuskrampell.wordpress.com/my-boat/3-adding-an-electric-engine/

I am not sure if it is a good solution, anyway he achieved full triple redundant propulsion since it is a sailboat :-)

Other parallel setups are driving the same shaft, unfortunately I have lost the link but if you are interested I am sure there are others who can help you out.

Matti

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment