Monday, February 3, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

Have a link for the 4x10prop apc didn't seem to have on web site
I have a 24v old mini Kota said 4 ho on it someone said it's close to 80lbs thrust? Any idea of max amps I can use for it?
I used old 14' aluminum kicker any idea what the hull speed is on that ?
Thank you 



On Monday, February 3, 2020, 07:49, tajw50 <tajw@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,
I first got on this thread when I had a possible project - a 2000 Bayliner Capri, with Force engine. (lost in forest fire) I assumed I could use the lower end of the drive (replace the troublesome gas motor with electric, and increase prop size)
It had a "sequential lift hull", which when lifted, it reduced resistance, but would the necessary speed (abt. 20mph?)be impractical with electric drive?
The empty hull had plenty of room for batteries, and shifting the weight to the keel seemed a good idea.
Any thoughts, in case I run into one of these again?
Thanks,
Tim
Clear Lake, CA

From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> on behalf of Keith M <kmerranko@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 2, 2020 7:06 AM
To: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers
 
Günter - I second the quiet time on the water.  My family has a very nice fishing boat with a 250HP outboard, minimum planing speed is 21 MPH and you cannot hear yourself think.  I have owned several small sailboats that are a joy to ride when the weather is right, but good wind and my schedule never seem to coincide.  Hence, no more sailboats and the birth of this electric boat project.  Given the large distances that I would like to cover, the pop-up thunderstorms around hear, and the consistent progress in energy battery density, my goal is to eventually get to 2X hull speed (typical of semi-planing hulls, although this hull type seems to be less common in small boats).

Your project is very interesting, let us know when you figure out an outboard design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment