Monday, February 17, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Do your LiFePO4 batteries ever get too warm?

That's perhaps the conundrum. Coming ashore sooner or later (cruisers) you're going to broach your dingy and water will most certainly invade the typical vented battery box. No prob with AGM because I've dunked them many times without consequence. A lithium battery with BMS I've been told will at least ruin the battery or worse start a runaway when immersed in saltwater? I wish I knew of any electric skiff cruisers that knew the answer using lithium. I am very anti ICE but maybe for my own safety I'll have to go back to it. Why do people vent battery boxes if the battery inside will not emit explosive gases? (Lithium). 

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 5:45 PM THOMAS VANDERMEULEN <tvinypsi@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent point, Phil, and not to mention that ABYC Standards call for ventilation of the battery box or compartment to prevent the concentration of any escaping toxic or flammable gasses.
[-tv]

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30292) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment