Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Do your LiFePO4 batteries ever get too warm?

I like it. You can also see your intemecent bags turn color to know when they need to be changed out. Thank you for your help.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 6:20 AM cpcanoesailor via Groups.Io <cpcanoesailor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Good point about conformal coating for BMS and other PCBs.

To get wires out of my 'power bag', I cut two matching pieces of sheet (PE?) plastic, about the size of my hand. I drilled matching holes for the trolling motor and aux. 12V sockets, and for two sealed connecting plugs for the solar panel wires. Also holes to mount a plastic door pull on each side, to grip while connecting plugs to the sockets. Then I carefully cut holes in the dry bag to match. I then assembled the plastic panels, plugs and connectors with one panel inside and one outside, coated between with 3M 5200 adhesive sealant, and clamped together using the mounting screws for the plugs and the bolts. After curing for a week, I connected all the wires. It is definitely sealed and strong. The only downside is I need to hang the cable interface because the weight makes the bag slump too much.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30300) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment