Friday, February 21, 2020

Re: [electricboats] 15 KW DC l electric conversikon

Hello Kevin. I have completed 5 successful 48 v system installations in various vehicle applications. I am using lithium iron phosphate with very positive success. We have upgraded lead to lifepo4 on golf carts and forklifts. I replaced diesel with 10 kw thunder struck kit First with all 220 ah lead.  Then upgrade to lifepo4. I am pleased with the upgrade. New projects coming up include high voltage EV applications. Including energy system charging. We will keep you posted. LTO has some good attributes but I have not gone there yet.  Cheers 


On Feb 21, 2020, at 4:10 PM, jm dog <jeff@jeff.net> wrote:


I just had a back-and-forth with this company in China.  I'm evaluating different packs for my Electric Yacht 20KW, and got this quote based on this thread...

Hi Mr LaCoursiere,
 
Thanks for your  prompt & detailed reply.
For your application of the Yacht battery, we recommend LTO cylindrical 66160 2.3V 40Ah Lithium Titanate (LTO ) cells instead because this model is much easier for your assembly. The 66160 cylindrical cells can be easily connected with connectors while the prismatic cells need laser-welding.
You can make the battery pack in 23S (please check the voltage range of your motor controller) 6P of 6616 2.3V 40Ah for 48V 240Ah.
Price: US$28.5/PC,EXW
Attached please find the datasheet.
And we can supply with full sets of connectors (including 1* copper connector, 2*nuts, 2* screws, 2*spring washers, 2*flat washers as attached picture)  at US$ 1.5/Set
What shipping method do you prefer, by sea or by air?
After your confirmation of the Q'ty and shipping method, we will quote you the shipping cost.
 
Best Regards,
Eliza

Contact was market@kokpower.com.

For the extra weight and roughly higher cost, I'm not sure I will go this way.  I'm curious what others think.

Cheers,

j

On 2/21/20 7:02 AM, Kevin Pemberton wrote:
Use Aliexpress, type lto batteries in the search.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 10:29 PM Bill Farina <bill@thirdcoast.us> wrote:
Do you have a link to follow? I'm looking at Alibaba and I'm not sure that I'm seeing what you're referring to.

On 2/16/2020 8:15 PM, Kevin Pemberton wrote:
I just ordered some LTO cells from China.  If you are concerned about safety and long life they may be right for you. According to battery university it's not new technology, but manufacturing technology has made them more affordable. I would suggest you read up on them. 

Kevin 


<Yinlong 66160 40AH.pdf>

No comments:

Post a Comment