Friday, July 12, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric Scooter Batteries??

 

Dear John

I am not electrician nor mechanic; I may have some misunderstanding and discrepancy in my tries and tribulations on the subject.

But I do read some funny specifications for the Torquedo batteries: 25.9v ( 7 cells at 3.7v?) or 29.6v for the Travel 1003 ( 8x3.7v ?). I read that 12,24,36,48, 72, 96 are established standard whatever the chemistry.

The standard LIFEPO4 battery cell voltage being 3.25v, then, to be fair, the rated 48v 16cells should be nominated as 52v ! 



On Friday, July 12, 2019, 09:07:16 AM GMT+12, 'james@deny.org' james@deny.org [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I had a cheap electric folding bike on my boat for about a year, till I left it on a dock one night Neptune decided he need it for some under water cycling. Anyways. 

It claimed to have a 1000 watt motor, and a battery similar to the type he is talking about. It did have a pretty large amount of Voltage sag when going hard on the throttle.  So I'll assume we would see the same thing connect to an outboard.  

Through I almost never run my outboard at full throttle, so not sure how this voltage sag would effect me in real life. 

On Jul 11, 2019, at 10:46 AM, oak oak_box@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I took a look at "electric bike batteries" on Amazon.
Plenty of 48V Li batteries listed, with chargers, in about the $300 range.

My question is concerning the rating of the batteries (as VERY LITTLE documentation is provided - as is so typical of so many products imported these days...).

The listings give a rating of something like:  48V (56V nom?) at 18AH
But in the further specs, the mention 2-2.5A output...

How fast can you discharge the battery?  Can you draw 18A (864W) for one hour, or do you need to limit the draw to 2.5A (120W) max?


John


On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 12:39:13 AM CDT, Berlouin Fred berlouin@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I have a Lithium battery 15amps at 48v. It is very common for electric scooter and bicycle on the market.



On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 02:44:06 PM GMT+12, 'james@deny.org' james@deny.org [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

What batteries pack did you pair with the Hangkai?  



On Jul 8, 2019, at 4:41 AM, Berlouin Fred berlouin@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

As requested, a little update about the 4HP Hangkai 48v outboard.

I have it for a year, it works very well. It makes my life easier and nicer…. No service, no maintenance, no repair….as simple than this!!




__._,_.___

Posted by: Berlouin Fred <berlouin@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (35)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment