Monday, July 22, 2019

[Electric Boats] Sevcon Gen4 regen

 

I discovered something weird/interesting on the Thunderstruck 10kW kit with a Sevcon Gen4 controller.  Our reduction is a 3:1 belt fyi.   


We were out doing a bit of sailing today and were moving at about 5.2 knots.  I pushed the throttle forward a bit and we started regen at about 60 watts.   I then pushed the throttle MORE forward and the regen went UP to about 120 watts.   Pushing it even farther and it dropped off and then started to consume a small amount of power.   On some gusts when we were going 5.8 knots I saw a max of around 170 watts of regen when playing around with the throttle.


Just interesting.   I am not sure if you guys already knew this.  I had first assumed that once you pushed the throttle out of neutral that was all you had to do to get regen but it seems like you can fine tune to get more regen by adjusting the throttle a little further.

__._,_.___

Posted by: lightdoesnotage@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment