Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] 48v outboard

 

I have had success using Alibaba but I have also been burned.
Just remember what ever you buy you can't return.
If the vendor that Alibaba connects you with gets it wrong then you have to deal with the vendor for a solution.
If you have a dispute then Alibaba will look at it  but in the end they will side with their vendor.
As an example, I ordered a 3 HP electric motor from a vendor. When I got it I thought it looked light and after testing it I told the vendor this was not a 3 HP motor. He finally said oh that is our 1 HP model. I never did get my motor I wanted and Alibaba sided with the vendor even after I sent the email chain to them
On the other hand I have bought flexible solar panels twice from a vendor and have had pretty good success. The 2nd time they got it wrong (200 watt panel was to be 12 amp 16v but I received a 6 amp 33 v) but they compensated me by giving me a MPPT controller. I would run two controllers in parallel and it worked fine.

Phil 


On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:24:26 p.m. EDT, 'Shredderf16@sbcglobal.net' shredderf16@sbcglobal.net [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Looks interesting though the biggest they make is 1200 watts. The Torqeedo 5 hp equivalent pulls 2000 watts so maybe optimistic with their marketing. At that price I'm thinking of ganging two together for a dinghy I'm building. Also kind of a solution to dinghy theft, just take the power cable with you. I've never bought anything off Ali Baba. Anyone had any experience with them?
Jerry Barth

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Phil Boyer <philaboyer@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment