Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Re: RE: [Electric Boats] Battery replacement

 


I have two batteries with a simple battery switch 3 positions 1 or 2 or 1/2. That is fine.

As nobody mentioned it clearly, I would like to underline that Lithium ferro phosphate batteries …. with a BMS have the "best self-storage life": after 15 years, you may start to see a 10% loss of power..

This point is very important for amateur electric boating

Obviously, they have one of the best "cycle life"…with a BMS


On Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 10:55:03 PM GMT+12, clh5_98@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Steve,
My charger can accept a contact input from a BMS. Based on this input the charger will either stop charging, or go to some configurable float value. I'm wondering how you are setup.

Also, I often need to supplement my battery bank with charger output with the genset running during times that it's not possible to make headway under sail. Does the battery bank have to drop to a certain SOC before the BMS will tell the charger to start providing current again? I'm assuming the pack voltage would drop enough as soon as the drive is engaged triggering the charger to start.

If I go LiFePo4 I'd probably have 2 banks with 2 BMS with the 2 banks able to be tied together, or be run separately. I'm guessing I would just series, or parallel contact outputs (depending on contact state) as one input to my charger.

Chris 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Berlouin Fred <berlouin@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (62)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
OLD batteries.jpg PACK WITH BMS.JPG

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment