Friday, January 29, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: conversion performance

 

Thank you Hannu,
I am long removed from my high school and college physics classes and did not understand that watts, not amps is the relevant metric for evaluating efficiency.
Hopefully I'll be able to gather and post some performance data this weekend.
Having done some sailboat racing in the past, I realize the importance of a clean bottom and am wondering how best to factor that (bottom condition) into efficiency analysis. 
 
Ox 1976 C&C 33
LOA:  32.87' / 10.02m
LWL:  26.42' / 8.05m
Displacement:  9800 lbs./ 4445 kgs.
Propulsion System: Electroprop Racer
Batteries: 4 X Northstar 210 FT Blue+
Motor: Motenergy ME 1114 Rev A
Controller: Sevcon Gen 4 275 Amp
Current Prop: 2-blade fixed 16X10X1
(original - came w/A4)
Jax, FL USA
 


On Friday, January 29, 2016 2:54 PM, "Hannu Venermo gcode.fi@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I asked for the volts..
I (also) thanked you, and much appreciated it.

I also did the conversion and a small table indicating what the power
used/needed is.
And, I also mentioned or tried to explain why its so important.

No disrespect was intended, and your data is valuable.

I´m a technical person, with no current boat, who needs/prefers to
charter to go cruising.
(Marina costs are 5000$ / yr over here).

On 29/01/2016 01:19, tkgc9 tkgc9@yahoo.com [electricboats] wrote:
> To the one guy who thanked me for posting my info," your welcome."
> To the rest of uall either post up data from your boat or shut up.

--
-hanermo (cnc designs)



__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Moriarty <moriartybob@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment