Thursday, January 21, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: 12V DC -> 120V AC vs. 48V DC -> 120V AC

 

Hi,


I have a similar power set-up in my boat. I did install a 120v ac shore power set in my boat, that I use to charge my batteries when in a marina. My truck, which is 144vdc, has a DC/DC converter to keep the battery charged for the lights, wipers, etc. I did not go that route for the boat because I do not want the added drain on the aux. propulsion system. I like your idea of a "dorm" 'fridge, i may try that! But i do have three separate and isolated electrical  systems to accommodate everything. Some say I need to bond/ground everything together, but I am still researching how to best do that. Good luck!

Fred Liesegang
Tartan 27-2 Eagle

__._,_.___

Posted by: fred4936@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment