Wednesday, January 20, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: 12V DC -> 120V AC vs. 48V DC -> 120V AC

 

Hi Bob 

I am new here but I have a little experience with this kind of issue. 

I was a regional technical advisor for West Marine for many years and a yacht broker among other things.

I think your 100% right that a 48 volt inverter will be more efficient. 

A few years ago a 48 volt inverter might have been dramatically more expensive but I have seen that gap narrow significantly. 

For example  AIMS Power inverters have 48 volt units for just $50 more then a 12 volt model with the same capacity and also can recharge your batteries with a powerful charger. 

You can also use smaller lighter wire to connect it then you would need with a 12 volt set up so the compete 48 volt system might actually be cheaper!


(I am not affiliated with them in anyway)

On the other hand if you really want to keep it simple and save some money you could just get a high quality cooler like a Yeti and some dry ice and you will be able to keep block ice or food cold or even frozen for a week or more.

Have fun and enjoy your cold beer!
Ken

Here is a unit I would recommend for you.



Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Kenwphoto <kenwphoto@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment