Sunday, January 3, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Northstar Battery - Difference between Red and Blue series?

 

Could be wrong but I think the Northstar Blue+ are more tolerant to operating with a partial state of charge. This should be advantageous on boats that are often unable to recharge the batteries completely.

Bob Moriarty
Ox 1976 C&C 33
LOA:  32.87' / 10.02m
LWL:  26.42' / 8.05m
Displacement:  9800 lbs./ 4445 kgs.
Batteries: 4 X Northstar 210 FT Blue+
Motor: Motenergy ME 1114 Rev A
Controller: Sevcon Gen 4 275 Amp
Current Prop: 2-blade fixed 16X10X1
(original - came w/A4)
Jax, FL USA
 


On Sunday, January 3, 2016 1:13 PM, "user hallospaceboy93@yahoo.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Anyone know the nitty gritty differences between the red and blue series
of Northstar Batteries?

The 210 amp AGM models are pricey but well respected, and the blues are
the suggested "best" ones for my 48 volt bank by my motor manufacturer.

Northstar's site info only confused me more. I may get a very good deal
on four news reds. If I get a HUGE price cut vs what I'd pay for the
blues, could it justify the "downgrade," (for lack of a better term)?

Thanks!!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Moriarty <moriartybob@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (38)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment