Sunday, June 1, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] strange motor controller idea

 


>I was setting up a few solar panels in series the other day.
>Noticing if I shade one it kills the current from the whole string.
>
>The strange idea is, could I use a motor controller to control the
>power from one 12V Battery in a string
>
>IE hope this makes sense
> gnd -- output from 12v motor controller -- 12v battery --12v
>battery -- 12v battery -- = + 48Volts controller by 12v controller
>
>If so, I could use a cheap 12v controller to provide control for
>higher voltages.
>
>I suspect there is something wrong with my logic.
>
>Thought I would ask before I make smoke.
>
>Mark

Hmm, maybe if you put it across one battery, floating voltage
(ungrounded), and in series with the other three, you could get the
output range: 36 to 48 volts. But either the MOSFET body diodes will
work quite hard to prevent reverse voltage across the controller, or
the smoke will occur. Anyway, that doesn't seem like much range of
control.

Now, blinds pulled across your solar panels might make an interesting
controller.

Craig

__._,_.___

Posted by: Craig Carmichael <craig@saers.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment