Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] motor speed controller

 

Watch ebay and you can get a good deal, that's where I got mine.

mattelderca


On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:36:59 PM, "oak oak_box@yahoo.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
What is the maximum current / wattage you want to run your motor at, given the 36V spec?
 
You can always design / debug / build your own controller.  But most of us find that building your own only makes sense if you just want the experience, or have a very specific custom requirement in mind.  By the time you get through the development process, you can generally just spend the money, buy and off-the-shelf controller, and come out ahead - plus have the piece of mind that it should be very reliable.
 
John 

From: "glockrow@hotmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:51 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] motor speed controller

 
I am installing a 36v golf cart motor in a 17ft boat. The speed controller that I have is an old resistor coil type and I would like to replace it with a modern electronic one. My problem is that I am on a tight budget and all of the controllers I find are pretty pricey. I guess my question is are there any alternatives to spending hundreds of dollars for one? 






__._,_.___

Posted by: matt elder <mattelderca@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment