Sunday, August 11, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Thunderstruck versus... well everyone else!

 

Hi Jeff
I have only been tinkering on boats for about 10 years but can assure you that there is no such thing as a every thing you need kit for a boat anyone that says different should run for congress I ordered and installed the Thunder Struck 10.5 system in my Morgan 33 O/I and could not be more pleased I went this rout because I knew I was going to have to do it my self and what little trouble I did have the staff at Thunder Struck were there to help with my Questions As others have stated sorting out prop size and reduction have almost everything to do with performance it took me a couple of tries but I am now as happy as a clam living on my boat as it dosnt smell like a buss with a fuel leak (There are many opinions about EP pro and con and I have mine) it takes 5min to get underway 10min tie off when I return For the do it your selfer Thunder Struck sys gets a 10 from me Pat s/v Finnigan

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "amdragonjeff" <jeff@...> wrote:
>
> I've been researching for a few months trying to get a parts list and a budget together for converting my 1980 Hunter 37C. I think I have seen the full spectrum of fully complete kits with fancy mounting (Electric Yacht), POD drives (E-TECH), and even had a hand at Alibaba for sourcing individual parts from China, though that scares me more than a bit.
>
> Then I ran across Thunderstruck. Not exactly an all-in-one kit, and it does seem that I will have to be a bit handy to get it mounted, but it doesn't seem too difficult. And they seem to be a good 1/3 of the cost of pretty much everything else.
>
> Any reason I shouldn't go with them?
>
> One thing I have had trouble finding *at all* are reviews of all these options. Happy customers? Sad customers? Found a few blogs, and to be fair have read three about using Electric Yacht that were very favorable of them. I'm surprised I couldn't find anything on people using POD drives, which when I started looking was what I thought I really wanted. Doesn't everyone want to get rid of that shadt hole below the waterline and say goodbye to the stuffing box forever? One of my most hated chores is packing that thing.
>
> Anyway I am pretty near ordering time, and I am curious, being new to this forum, if anyone could tell me good or bad things about Thunderstruck. Or anyone else for that matter :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff LaCoursiere
> s/v Angels Quest
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment