Thursday, August 1, 2013

[Electric Boats] Current state of affairs

 

Hello everyone,

I just joined your group. I did look into electric power about 2 years ago so my knowledge is a bit dated. I was wondering if you can fill me in with respect to what is the current state of affairs for an electric propulsion for my vintage sailboat. I have a wooden 36 ft 1935 John Alden with full keel. My old volvo 3B2 is in need of a change soon. I did the calculations a while back with a repower company and it turned out that I needed about 35hp to achieve the hull speed of 7 knots.

Of course with a cruiser sustained power is a consideration. I do have 2 85W solar panels that I'll be installing soon so I guess that's a start.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment