Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Torqeedo Electric Outboard on a Catalina 30

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, donald bland wrote:
>
> matey, one does not need the exact battery to run it. and in New Caledonia, ( I am  Aussie, me-self) one can get numerous good batteries , and even Li-Ion types. But any 'ol string of wet "flooded" batteries to make up 48 vdc ot 72 Vdc whatever your motor wants will work just fine & dandy, eh mate? I've a string of golf cart batteries and a wind generator keepin 'em topped up now.

I do not agree : the supposed interest of this small 503S engine is that it is a small integrated package and I intended to use it on a small inflatable tender, I cannot imagine to use it with lead batteries because there is no space for them in the tender. additionnaly the lithium battery includes the electronics controlling the engine and a GPS, which you won't find in off the shelf ordinary lead batteries.
jcglt S/V Bauhinia

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment