Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Measuring boat water speed for low speed & cost

 

Craig,
Many of us use a gps. The one in your car may also work.
Ned

On Feb 19, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Craig Carmichael wrote:

 

In my e-outboard tests I couldn't measure the speed of the boat. I
bought a pitot tube, but the speedometer I found for it goes from
0-60 MPH and the first marking is at 10 MPH. The next one is at 15.
(From 40 to 60 each MPH is widely spaced - exactly the opposite of
what's needed.)

Blowing into the pitot tube, it takes all the pressure I can make to
move the needle just a little.

There must be some more sensitive transducer that can be used with a
pitot tube? Or is there some other way to measure speed that doesn't
cost a lot?

Cheers,
Craig

=====


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment