Tuesday, February 19, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Fully electric, turn key boat - available yet?

 

You have given me a lot to think about and research - thanks so much! The Blue PLanet looks particularly promising. But, so far it seems like both power generation and storage technology isn't up to a boat that can power through a storm, or go long distances. I bet that I am not the only person interested in green motor boating so I'm assuming that we will see more and more boats coming on the market, as long as solar panel technology development continues.

Thanks again!

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "LizN" wrote:
>
> Hi, all - first post but I have been lurking for years. And, after reading all your posts, I have realized that I don't have anywhere's near the knowledge necessary to convert a boat. I don't even know how to sail. I have crewed on power boats though, so I know a little about them. My question is, is there such a thing as a fully electric, or a diesel hybrid that one can buy, all ready to go? I drooled over this boat for quite a while - http://dsehybrid.com/ - but it looks like it is no longer offered, so either the market, or existing technology, or something wasn't ready yet. Is an electric power boat, with solar or shore power to recharge the batteries possible today? That one could spend some weeks on putting up and down the ICW, maybe even heading around the Caribbean. Retirement is a few years off yet, but that's my dream. I wouldn't need much power, although I would need enough to get out of the way, or get somewhere relatively safe in case of storms.
>
> Any thoughts and comments are appreciated - your collective knowledge is incredible, I salute you!
>
> Liz
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment