Saturday, August 13, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

Yes, I've also heard quite a few people (suppliers like West Marine included) comment on the poor service from Xantrex. Our battery monitors are from TBS. Eric is correct, the Xantrex monitors are the TBS monitors with private labeling and unfortunately the customer service from Xantrex is very poor indeed.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Capt. Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:
 

Eric

And TBS also offers an additional year warranty for their units.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: "Eric" <ewdysar@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:25:31 +0000
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

It seems like Xantrex bought their way into the monitor segment when they acquired Heart Interface, the makers of the original Link 10. Once that was discontinued, I believe that their monitor products became other companies' offerings, re-badged for Xantrex. Xantrex's current offffering of the Link-lite and the Link-Pro are actually the E-Xpert Lite and E-Xpert-Pro made by TBS-Electronics in the Netherlands.

So as a result, I don't think that Xantrex has much in the way of service capabilities on thee products past merely replacing them as a whole unit. That is one of the resonas that I picked the E-Xpert Pro ofver the Xantrex, I felt that I would get better support in the long run, in case I needed it.

Fair winds,
Eric,
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> Danny:
>  
> Well that sucks. Reminds me of my XBM battery monitor display that crapped out a month after the warranty ran out:
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/going-electric-repairing-zantrex-xbm.html
> But, at least I was able to repair it myself once I got the part and did not have to buy a new meter. Would Torqeedo do a repair? In my case Xantrex would not service my meter or even sell me the part I had to obtain it elsewhere. 
>  
> Capt. Mike
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com
>
>


__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
From a bad 598 to 830 best, where's your score? freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment