Friday, August 26, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Talking about amps and stuff...

 

Eric

Yes. Green has a ST 37  144 V  This direct drive set up seems to do a little better than most geared setups.. Green is 5 ton 28 feet .12 105 ah AGM  A 3 kw Russco Charger and a seldom used Honda 2000i . Im sure that most veteran electro-sailors are aware of the dynamic neutral so I will explain to the newbies.At Neut.on the throttle the drive is idle, locked shaft ,a sea anchor .While sailing a small forward trickle is applied 15 watts, this sweet spot is on the verge of regenerating and allows the prop to spin free ,no draw on the amp meter except the idle current of the AMC controller.
A this point I like to apply several more watt (up to 200) and my old tub points upwind like those fancy racers . The ST 37 has a 12inch rotor with 24 rare earth magnets this adds to the cost and the efficiency.I know this voltage range makes many in this group queasy but I believe that high voltage systems will dominate one day. I dont have a lot of the problems of 48v  Cool controller  low noise  small wire .My regret, the prop is to small.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment