Saturday, August 13, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

Eric

And TBS also offers an additional year warranty for their units.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: "Eric" <ewdysar@yahoo.com>
Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:25:31 +0000
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

It seems like Xantrex bought their way into the monitor segment when they acquired Heart Interface, the makers of the original Link 10. Once that was discontinued, I believe that their monitor products became other companies' offerings, re-badged for Xantrex. Xantrex's current offffering of the Link-lite and the Link-Pro are actually the E-Xpert Lite and E-Xpert-Pro made by TBS-Electronics in the Netherlands.

So as a result, I don't think that Xantrex has much in the way of service capabilities on thee products past merely replacing them as a whole unit. That is one of the resonas that I picked the E-Xpert Pro ofver the Xantrex, I felt that I would get better support in the long run, in case I needed it.

Fair winds,
Eric,
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> Danny:
>  
> Well that sucks. Reminds me of my XBM battery monitor display that crapped out a month after the warranty ran out:
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/going-electric-repairing-zantrex-xbm.html
> But, at least I was able to repair it myself once I got the part and did not have to buy a new meter. Would Torqeedo do a repair? In my case Xantrex would not service my meter or even sell me the part I had to obtain it elsewhere. 
>  
> Capt. Mike
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com
>
>

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment