Sunday, August 28, 2011

[Electric Boats] Testing Prop Efficiency

 

Just a question.....or two.
If I wanted to test, say, one prop compared to another, without
involving a boat, but maybe in a home bathtub, could I just take the
thrust alone as a measure?
I am thinking of using a motor suspended over the tub, and set it up so
that everything is the same except the prop, (or duct around/behind it).
The wife will be away at the time.
Do I need to measure the amps. or just use, say, solely a horizontally
set up weighing scale to measure the pull/push?
I realise that there will be added drag once fitted to a boat.

Thanks
John
PS note to Myles - I hope that you are as proud of the brevity and
single topic of this post as I am!

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Send your email first class

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
There's one number you should know, your Credit Score. freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment