Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Talking about amps and stuff...

 

Hi Kevin,

I would say that your boat is somewhere between 150V and 300V. Since the highest I remember in this group is 144V nominal, I'll go with that. Most 144V systems operate between 150V and 155V.

That said, I'm very impressed with your 750W for 4kts. I'm going to guess that it's a direct drive A/C motor, perhaps a Solomon ST37. They're usually a bit pricier than the more common PMAC drives that we see here, but one can see that the extra cost might be justified.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Shepherd <shepherdkevinj@...> wrote:
>
> Eric
> Thanks for keeping us strait. I get 4 kts at 5 amps. Guess my voltage.
>
> Kevin Shepherd
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A better credit score can save you thousands. See yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment