Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Advance Marine Electric Propulsion Out of Buisness (AMEP)

 

Hi David, et al,
Out of business is a little harsh.
I'm taking a break, working with my kids. Kevin updated the website to reduce inquiries. It will be kinder in a bit.
I've still got structures to support our customers, and continue to work in the field, though on my own projects for a change.

Lately, I hacked a Mercedes 140 chassis alternator to bring it up to 48v, with an isolated output. I'll put details together for interested parties. The client bought an electric start diesel off EBay to make an emergency genny. The Bosch alternator has three field windings that can be put in series, as well as an easily hacked regulator. Run a wire off the string at 36v back to the stock regulator for feedback to control the 48v output. The top 12v battery then regulates the string.

In addition, we're just finishing a 15kw motor running our own CAN. It uses J1939, the same standard as NEMA 2000. I hope to put the second one in my Skipjack, a project started years ago...

So, AMEP is resting at anchor for a spell. Charging up systems...

Be Well,
Arby



From: "davidhughes_casaba@yahoo.com" <davidhughes_casaba@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:59 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Advance Marine Electric Propulsion Out of Buisness (AMEP)

 
AMEP is now out of buisness. They posted the same on their website: http://www.advancedmarineelectricpropulsion.com/. It is to bad, I thought they had nailed it which is why I bought their system.
 
 


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment