Monday, October 28, 2013

[Electric Boats] Pearson 10M electric power?

 

So, I'd love to "electrify" my old faithful Pearson 10M (33 ft.) sloop.  

The Atomic 4 that has served for so many years is shot.
I'd like to put in an electric motor (what kind, voltage, etc?), a water cooled generator or motor to run an alternator, a battery bank (of what kind of batteries?) and a controller of some sort.

I'll pull the old engine, get rid of the gas tank, and start over.

Multiples of 6 volts?  A 48 volt sweeper or golf cart motor?  A bank of 6 volt batteries, what type?  Generator, or motor w/alternator?  

I'm figuring 4,000 watts for the generation system, max 800-1200 rpms at the shaft…
15hp would drive the boat nicely...
(In my fantasy, a Hydrogen fuel cell system, fed by cng or something, would be cool…)
But, when I wake up and look at my checking account… probably a diesel gen set is the answer…

Thoughts, recommendations, guidance?
Best,

Preston

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment