Monday, October 7, 2013

[Electric Boats] RE: Hello and Greetings

 

Bryan,
I am not sure what boat you have as there were so many different Alden and Alberg boats built around then.  Alden sold his designs so that they were built by many companies including Pearson with their Trident.  I suspect the 10.0 will push the boat with authority and provide good service.  We would recommend that you re-prop with something like a 12X10 as opposed to the old 12X6 or 12X7 found on the 60 vintage A4 systems.

There will be a boat show here in Long Beach CA this month and we will have 4 electric propulsion vendors and presentations.  Going to the US Sailboat Show  Annapolis this week where there will be several vendors.
Mike sv Fluke diesel/electric hybrid EY Southern California

 



---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Bryan

The folks @ Thunderstuck EV are good people they have helped me with all my concerns . I have one of the their10.5 systems in my Morgan 33 O/I and it works great I also used there mount as a starting point for the install My Perkins had a weird mounting setup and the stringers were about 6" above the shaft and way forward 

every thing worked out great after I figured out how to build the mounting . I had some reduction issues because I have a 16*14 prop and needed to go to a 3:1 ratio pulleys and belt then all was well . Also the spread sheet they have on line is working out to pretty close I am using a E-Epert Pro to to track the batteries and draw

It seem we all hade different opinions and reasons for going electric as do I good luck I think you will be happy I sure am ( getting ready to haulout and Glass off the thruhulls next month)         Pat



---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Greetings everyone.
I have been on the list here for a week or so just lurking and trying to absorb. I have a 1960 30' Alden sailboat who's aging and unreliable Atomic 4 just died. Instead of rebuilding it yet again I have decided to re-power using electric. I am leaning toward the Thunderstuck sailboat package with the 2:1 gear reduction.
If anyone has any questions comments or input feel free to let me know.
I am currently just now ripping the old engine out and I want to get the interior painted before I start putting in batteries and the motor, so I have until next spring to get everything figured out.
Thanks for the great forum to learn from others and the knowledge others have posted after so much hard work....
I look forward to learning much more from all of you...
Bryan

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment