Sunday, August 18, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Interference on VHF radio

 

When on the right lane, while using the radio most people I knew needed to turn off their inverters for the same reason.  A grounded cage around the controller, a grounded motor, and ferrite core doughnuts that the wires are looped around, and a capacitor to make a filter. If the wine is always the same pitch it is the pwm freq. And a filter will be easy and should take care of the problem, but maybe not. In parts of europe approved controllers are the law. These controllers are made with problems like this in mind.

Look into how hams reduce stray transmissions. If you don't fix the problem and continue to transmit you may get a visit from the fcc.

Kevin

android tablet, ubuntu 12.04 laptop
always linux, always virus free

On Aug 16, 2013 10:57 AM, "Cornelis" <cvr@mistral.co.uk> wrote:
 

When I run my motor I get interference on my VHF radio, a whiney high pitched noise. Other boats near me get it too.
Does anybody else experience this, any suggestions what I can do about it?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment