Sunday, August 4, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Hello!

 

Welcome Bob:

Eric has mentioned the vendors most of us are familiar with. I installed a Thoosa 9000 system in my 30 foot 8 ton boat six years ago that has been virtually problem free. Installed most of it myself. A chronicle of the install starts with this post on my blog:
http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2008/05/going-electric.html
I use solar, wind and a Honda 2000 generator for charging (boat is on a mooring or at anchor most of the time). You've  already done the hard part which is removing the engine.  Good luck with your research on finding a system for your boat. 

Capt. Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com



From: robertbuto <robertbuto@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 2:10 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Hello!

 
Hello everyone,
I am a new member of this group and just wanted to tell you a little about myself. I hope to meet many fellow electric enthusiasts here. I also hope to gain more knowledge about electric setups. I have a Newport 30 sailboat that I have just pulled the motor out of and am looking over possible electric replacements. I have seen a few different systems that are sold on ebay and have been on a few out here in SF Bay. There doesn't seem to be an end to the number of electric vendors out there. I wanted to know if someone could steer me toward the top 5 so that I could focus my investigations in that direction. I am looking for a electric system that is 48v and about 7.5kw or better. By no means am I savvy in electronic motor setups. I do have a little experience with solar panels, controllers and batteries. I put together a little system a few years back for a home out in the mountains. It worked well. We were able to power a refridgerator, house lights and an entertainment system. We also had a honda generator for those days that the sun wouldn't come out. In any case thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Rob



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment