Friday, August 16, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Interference on VHF radio

 

Hi Cornelis.

My electric drive doesn't do that. Maybe if you told us a little more about your setup, e.g. motor type, controller, voltage, etc. we can zero in on what is causing the interference.. Right now, any suggestion would be a shot in the dark.

I have experienced this type of interference in older internal combustion engine cars with unsuppressed ignition systems. Switching to resistor type spark plugs and/or spark plug wires reduces the effect.

Fair winds,
Eric
1964 Bermuda 30 ketch, 5.5 kW Propulsion Marine drive, 8kWh lithium batteries
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Cornelis" <cvr@...> wrote:
>
> When I run my motor I get interference on my VHF radio, a whiney high pitched noise. Other boats near me get it too.
> Does anybody else experience this, any suggestions what I can do about it?
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment