Saturday, February 2, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Advice wanted Please

 

Just a guess....   I'm assuming you have your car running when you're charging from the car - so the voltage from the car plug is probably ~14V.    Likewise, I'm assuming your bot is NOT running (no alternator charging the battery) when you plug it into the boat - so the boat plug is probably 12-13V.
 
The next guess is that the "charger" looks at the voltage on the plug.  If it's over 13V, the charger can charge itself.  If it's below that, it needs to charge whatever device it's plugged into.
 
maybe?

From: Innes <innesgshutton@yahoo.co.uk>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2013 5:18 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Advice wanted Please
 
Hello All,

I bought a digital jump starter/charger recently as it has a little
inverter built in to it and I can charge my radio,phone from it and other things. My problem is I can't seem to charge it from the cigarette
lighter on my boat. There is a DC input jack(4.5mm) and it charges up ok using the supplied Mains AC adaptor and it also charges ok from the cigarette lighter socket in my Van using a DC cable. There is also a little 3.5mm solar input jack and I bought a cable to try this instead, but no joy....what seems to happen is the read out on the charger says its charging but the voltage slowly drops! , it seems to be reverse charging.
The batteries on my boat are trickle charged by a solar panel and the batteries were full today when I tested it.

Any Advice?

thanks
Innes
Shadow H22

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment