Saturday, February 2, 2013

[Electric Boats] Advice wanted Please

 

Hello All,

I bought a digital jump starter/charger recently as it has a little
inverter built in to it and I can charge my radio,phone from it and other things. My problem is I can't seem to charge it from the cigarette
lighter on my boat. There is a DC input jack(4.5mm) and it charges up ok using the supplied Mains AC adaptor and it also charges ok from the cigarette lighter socket in my Van using a DC cable. There is also a little 3.5mm solar input jack and I bought a cable to try this instead, but no joy....what seems to happen is the read out on the charger says its charging but the voltage slowly drops! , it seems to be reverse charging.
The batteries on my boat are trickle charged by a solar panel and the batteries were full today when I tested it.

Any Advice?

thanks
Innes
Shadow H22

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic ()
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment