Monday, February 13, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Paktrakr /battery issue?

 

Steve:
 
I'm not sure it is the Paktrkr. I got back to the boat after a few weeks and found the lowest battery in my 48 volt string was not charging like the other three according to the Dual Pro charger:
Now this battery always had a little lower voltage because the Paktrkr takes it's operating voltage from it. But, this was a new situation. I could not get it over 12.9 volts. I disconnected and cleaned the contacts and it was still the same. The only thing that had changed is I bought the Paktrkr ES-1 data cable that monitors and stores the Paktrkr data and had it connected for several weeks. So before I left the boat that day I disconnected the Paktrkr power from the battery.
 
When I came back a few days later I plugged in the Dual Pro charger and the battery jumped almost immediately to about 90% charge (I have the solar panels charging things BTW)
I thought my problem might be solved. But, suddenly after about two hours the Dual Pro reading dropped back to 70% charge on that battery. So I don't really know what's going on? Connection issue, failing battery or is it the Paktrakr data cable. All I know is the only thing that changed recently is I added the Paktrakr data logging  cable into the mix and started having the problem with the battery. Could just be coincidence but, I need to investigate a little more. Kind of puzzeling.
 
Capt. Mike
 

From: Steve Dolan <sdolan@scannersllc.com>
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:08 PM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Paktrakr no longer made???

 
Mike,
What problem is it causing?
 
Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE
From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Capt. Mike
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:03 PM
To: ELECTRIC BOAT GROUP
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Paktrakr no longer made???
 


Yes very handy device to monitor the battery bank. I must have got my data recorder cable just before production stopped. Though I'm not sure if it's use is causing my battery issue. It's the only new item added to my system.
Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com
From: "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@yahoo.com>
Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:51:58 +0000
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Paktrakr no longer made???
 
 
I did hear from Paktrakr. They are out of business. Too bad, I think they made a good product at a good price point. My Paktrakr has been monitoring my two 48 volt packs for almost 4 years, nearly flawlessly.

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I noticed the Paktrakr web site has been "under construction" for a while. I just dug up an email address for Ken Hall and sent him a message. I'll post if I hear anything.
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@> wrote:
> >
> > While trying to figure out what is going on with one of my batteries. I found out the the Paktrakr Battery Monitor is no longer in production. The website seems to be down too. Anyone know what's going on? Why it is no longer being manufactured? It's been working well on board for me. It would be a shame if they were no longer availible.
> >  
> > Capt. Mike
> > http://bainkablog.blogspot.com
> >
>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment