Monday, February 13, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Propane outboard engine

 

hadnt heard of those, but have seen propane powered 4-stroke weedeaters at the local hardware store here and heck yeah I had thoughts about a propeller..
ON A STICK (if ya like Jeff Dunham you get the joke)
inboard, outboard, whatever.. they sure dont cost or weight much.
--- On Mon, 2/13/12, potatosailor <potatosailor@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: potatosailor <potatosailor@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Propane outboard engine
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, February 13, 2012, 3:29 PM

 
I received an email that the Lehr Propane Outboard is on the market and being shown at various boat shows soon.
I'm not affiliated with the company and this is not a sales pitch but they certainly piqued my interest.

I have an electric inboard in my Alberg 30 and have been on the look-out for a good solution to a dingy motor and didn't want to have a gas outboard and the related tanks etc to try and stow aboard.
I thought about an electric motor but range and weight of lifting a battery to and from the dingy discouraged me from going that route.

I have propane on board for the galley and use fairly small fiberglass propane tanks that aren't to heavy to move around, so when I heard about this outboard I must say I was surprised and interested.
They say you can screw a small portable canister into it or hook up a regular propane tank.

I don't know a thing about propane powered engines and the range, operating expense, etc that one might expect.
If anyone has experience with propane powered motors I sure would like to here your opinion on them before I decide to get one of these.

Cheers, Don

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment