Monday, February 27, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: PMAC gear reduction

 

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply. To clarify, I'm looking at the ME-0913 motor. The mfg website states 92% efficiency between 24-96V. They give the torque constant at .15 N/Amp. I don't think that gives me the data I need. I plan to run a 48VDC system, how can I figure out what gear ratio I need for a PMAC motor such as this?
Thanks,
Chris

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Gilchrist <andrew@...> wrote:
>
> Chris dont complicate it
>
> get the manufacturers spec sheet
>
> Find out the amps at max efficincy - this will be at a particualr
> amperage the three are locked together at a given voltage on the same motor.
>
> For the voltage to be used, the recommended or a little more voltage is
> usually the preferrable range
>
> Then gear to ensure the motor is running at the maximum efficeincy
> amps/rpm. That way you will have least heating for the power generated.
>
> Nontheless the motor life may benefit from a cooling jacket.
>
> Andrew Gilchrist
>
>
>
> On 2/27/2012 2:31 AM, ChristopherH wrote:
> >
> > I understand how to calculate gear reduction for PM DC motors based on
> > the manufacturer stated motor RPM/V X System Volts/desired max prop
> > speed. I'd like to understand how to calculate gear reduction when
> > using a PM AC motor.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> AJ Gilchrist
> Fastelectrics
> 0419 429 201
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment