Monday, February 27, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Using LinkPRO at 48V

 

Hi Tom,

The 5:1 pre scaler sounds like a great way to simplify your system without starting over from scratch. BTW, I'm using the TBS E-Xpert HV with my 48V system. It works without a scaler so all of the features work. I've been impressed with the quality of the TBS product, and the instructions were good enough that I was able to install and set up the gauge without any help.

I bought my E-Xpert HV from Evolve Electric in Colorado. The guys were very helpful, and all my stuff arrived quickly. I have no problems recommending them.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <boat_works@...> wrote:
>
> I've been using my LinkPRO on my launch for almost two years now, monitoring a 48V lithium bank. Since the LinkPRO needs 9-35V to operate, I've been powering it with the Sevcon 300W DC-DC converter that I use to run house loads.
>
> I also use a Belktronix 10:1 pre-scaler to enable the LinkPRO work with my installation. The pre-scaler works well (and Belktronix's customer support is great).
>
> But there are a couple drawbacks to this system.
> 1. The 300W DC-DC has to work 24/7 to keep the LinkPRO operating.
> 2. The LinkPRO, when running at 48V with a 10:1 pre-scaler loses some of it's capabilities. For instance, the voltage settings for the various alarms and auto-synching have a minimum value of 80V when used with the pre-scaler, which is obviously of little use when running 48V.
>
> I stumbled upon an accessory for the TBS E-Xpert Pro which addresses both of these concerns in one tidy package.
>
> Here is a link to E-Volve Electrics' page for the TBS active 5:1 prescaler featuring built-in DC-DC (near bottom of page):
>
> http://evolveelectrics.com/E-Xpert%20Pro.html
>
> Woo Hoo!
> Anybody want to buy a Belktronix 10:1 prescaler for cheep?
>
> PS: Yes, had I known it was available at the time, I would have bought the HV version of the LinkPRO...
>
> -Tom
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment