Monday, February 20, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Battery issue cont'd

 

connect the device through a milliampmeter and verify 25 ma
measure current through data cable
Its going somewhere!
 

Nemo dat quod non habet

From: Mike <biankablog@verizon.net>
To: ELECTRIC BOATS <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 6:21 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Battery issue cont'd

 
I took Arby's suggestion and bought a battery analyzer from Harbor freight. You can see some of the preliminary test results and also how my Dual Pro Quad battery monitor is working here:
 
Previous links are here:
 
The analyzer shows lower capacity in the suspect battery (most negative in the string) but, still not totally dead. Though the Dual Pro charger timed out in trying to charge it. I still wonder if adding the Paktrakr data recorder cable had done something or if it's just coincidence.  I would have suspected it added just minimal load to the basic draw (25ma) of the Paktrakr. Still this problem did not appear until I connected the recording data cable onto the Paktrakr. I've disconnected the Paktrakr for now. Next time I'm on board I plan to disconnect the batteries let them rest for 24 hours and then do a load test.  Comments or suggestions?


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment