Saturday, August 13, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

The TBS monitor is also available in an -HV model, which can be used with 36-48V systems without the need for a pre-scaler.

I am running 48V using a Xantrex Link-Pro with a Belktronix pre-scaler (about $25, if I recall correctly). This combination works well, but you do lose some of the functionality of the monitor with regard to the alarm settings.

If I had known then what I know now, I would certainly buy the TBS unit.

-Tom
--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Sally Reuther <smreuther@...> wrote:
>
> Yes, I've also heard quite a few people (suppliers like West Marine
> included) comment on the poor service from Xantrex. Our battery monitors are
> from TBS. Eric is correct, the Xantrex monitors are the TBS monitors with
> private labeling and unfortunately the customer service from Xantrex is very
> poor indeed.
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Capt. Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > ** Eric
> >
> > And TBS also offers an additional year warranty for their units.
> >
> > Capt. Mike
> >
> > Sent from on board BIANKA
> > http://biankablog.blogspot.com
> > ------------------------------
> > *From: * "Eric" <ewdysar@...>
> > *Sender: * electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > *Date: *Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:25:31 +0000
> > *To: *<electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
> > *ReplyTo: * electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > *Subject: *Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors
> >
> >
> >
> > It seems like Xantrex bought their way into the monitor segment when they
> > acquired Heart Interface, the makers of the original Link 10. Once that was
> > discontinued, I believe that their monitor products became other companies'
> > offerings, re-badged for Xantrex. Xantrex's current offffering of the
> > Link-lite and the Link-Pro are actually the E-Xpert Lite and E-Xpert-Pro
> > made by TBS-Electronics in the Netherlands.
> >
> > So as a result, I don't think that Xantrex has much in the way of service
> > capabilities on thee products past merely replacing them as a whole unit.
> > That is one of the resonas that I picked the E-Xpert Pro ofver the Xantrex,
> > I felt that I would get better support in the long run, in case I needed it.
> >
> > Fair winds,
> > Eric,
> > Marina del Rey, CA
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Danny:
> > > Â
> > > Well that sucks. Reminds me of my XBM battery monitor display that
> > crapped out a month after the warranty ran out:
> > >
> > http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/going-electric-repairing-zantrex-xbm.html
> > > But, at least I was able to repair it myself once I got the part and did
> > not have to buy a new meter. Would Torqeedo do a repair? In my case Xantrex
> > would not service my meter or even sell me the part I had to obtain it
> > elsewhere.Â
> > > Â
> > > Capt. Mike
> > > http://biankablog.blogspot.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment