Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Redwing 18 electric data

Thank for sharing this data.  Very good.  Could you include the specs for your boat?  Displacement, LWL...  I looked up Redwing 18 but I suspect there can be a bit of variation? 

I am in the water with my refit and am sorting out some final details.  So far, like you, my system is exceeding expectations.   Details and data coming soon...

Dan Pfeiffer

 

On 2021-07-13 11:42 am, wdr99 via groups.io wrote:

Hi everyone,

I finally got my Redwing 18 out on the water with the Torqeedo Cruise 2 motor. It exceeded or met my performance expectations. Hopefully this chart paste works out.

When I was calculating my expectations for performance, I assumed I could reach 6.2 mph as a top speed, and it turns out I can! All those hull speed calculations out there in the world are actually demonstrably accurate. I assumed a static exponential ratio of throttle to power consumption but it turns out, in my case, to not be static. Therefore, I experienced about a .5 to 1 mph boost in the low to mid throttle areas. Thus, with a 100ah of lithium I could expect about 7 miles of additional travel per charge in those throttle ranges with 80% depletion.

When I was researching performance, I was anxious to find real world data, so hopefully someone else finds this useful.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment