Friday, July 23, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Electric Drive Installation - Some Data

Great job, Dan !

Man, now you make me ask questions !

Did you solve your coolant type issue, and what was the outcome ?

What is the big filter for ?

What final solution do you have for the coupling/thrust bearing ?

What was the temperature of the motor itself (the housing) before the cooling turned on, handwarm or hot to feel ?
And where is your temp sensor located on the motor ?

Is the 18" prop bigger than standard for this boat ?
What is the final pitch (if you adjusted) ?
2 or 3-blade ?

If you get a chance for a dip, a completely clean hull will provide better comparison data.

I'm so exited, as your setup will be almost similar to mine.

Cheers to your work !
Carsten


On Saturday, 24 July 2021, 03:11:24 GMT+8, Dan Pfeiffer <dan@pfeiffer.net> wrote:


I have my electric drive running and I have some data.  I still have some details to sort out and there are some anomalies in the data but it's a start. 

See attached for details. 

Dan Pfeiffer

No comments:

Post a Comment