Thursday, July 15, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Elco outboards

Hi Neil, I am also looking to buy an Elco motor but a 20hp version to power my 18' catamaran. For my cat it is a semi planing hull and I suspect I will have to go to a higher pitch prop. That may be something you should look into. Perhaps look at the pitch of the gas version before ordering the Elco. They do sell a higher pitch prop and you may be able to get that instead of the standard one when you buy. I have heard all good things about Elco and that is why I will be buying one as soon as the border reopens as I am in Ontario. The factory for Elco is in lower NY.

Regards
Phil

On Thursday, July 15, 2021, 12:07:09 p.m. EDT, N. Simms <fneilss@gmail.com> wrote:


I'm considering powering my new Lillistone Fleet build with an Elco EP-9.9 outboard. Battery bank will be 48V 125Ah LiFePO4.

Anybody have any experience with these motors? Particularly in a semi-planing application? (Fleet will do 11+mph with a 4hp gas outboard and two adults aboard, over 20mph with a 9.9 gas outboard.)

Reliability, efficiency, repairability?

Thanks!
Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment